Music enlightens our lives. I feel extremely grateful and lucky for all what I learned as a musician and after many years of studying and performing I dearly like and want to share this knowledge and skills to others.
4-5 weekly lessons (30 min): 100€ / month ; 250€ / 3 months
4-5 weekly lessons (60 min): 180€ / month ; 450€ / 3 months
10 lessons (over ≤ 6 months) (30 min): 300€
10 lessons (over ≤ 6 months) (60 min): 450€
Single try-out coaching/lesson (60 min): 50€
Gift coaching session 1 hour: 25€ (and travel costs when it applies)
Group lessons possible
Online lessons too!
According to the student motivation and availability, I can offer either a regular lesson plan (in most cases weekly) or work with coaching sessions that can take many forms.
==> First contact always free of charge <==
Any doubts? Send me a message
What do I teach:
European-western classical and contemporary percussion:
- Orchestra instruments: snare drum, timpani, cymbals, bass-drum, tambourine, triangle, …
- Mallet percussion / keyboards / idiophones: vibraphone, marimba, xylophone, glockenspiel
- Multipercussion / set-ups: metals, wood, skin… combinations.
Computer music – sound effects
- home recording and editing, mixing
- computer music basics
- using a Digital Audio Software
- live effects for instruments
- West African music: djembe, doun-douns, and bells
- Brazil: pandeiro, batucada, capoeira instruments
- Frame drums (tambourines)
- “Small” percussion instruments
- Body percussion
Enhance your expression possibilities and creativity from the mind and from the heart. Anyone can practice and develop the ability to play and share what they have inside, no matter the instrument and the technical level of playing.
- For any instrument
- For groups
- Minimalist music
- Therapeutic effect
Any ensemble can benefit greatly from the advice of an external listener. After years being involved deeply in very diverse music genres, I feel very confident helping groups with:
- mutual listening,
- balance and dynamics,
- rhythm and groove – playing together,
- tension building,
- enhancing the musical concept, help with composition and arrangement,
- music is a language: make it speak 🙂
Ear training and music theory:
I often hated my solfège lessons in my youth. Luckily I got nice teachers so I didn’t hate it all the time. Music is a language, the more you know its vocabulary and grammar, the better you can express yourself. Now I feel grateful I got these tools.
Composing, arranging for percussion:
This addresses to composers who want or need to write for percussion. Percussion has lots of specific features and can be a headache to write for. There is some documentation about it, but not yet very complete. There are so many instruments and possible ways of playing them that one might need advice from a percussionist specialised in contemporary classical music creation.
- 2 or 4 mallets possibilities,
- how to set the instruments up and combine them
- choice of sticks, beaters and mallets,
- percussion notation,
- can the pianist play this triangle part?